The key points to be learnt from the Implementation section include:
- The SEA report documents the SEA process.
- The SEA report should be made publicly available.
- Review criteria exist for testing the quality of the SEA report, although they don't really test the quality of the SEA process.
- Possibly the best test of the SEA process is information on any changes made to the strategic action in response to the SEA and consultation on it; this should be included in SEA documentation where possible.
- Monitoring is useful but under-developed part of SEA. It can identify serious problems with how strategic actions are implemented.
- One can use a 'quick start' SEA package to get started on an SEA.
Congratulations! You have just completed the UNU/Oxford Brookes University distance learning course on SEA. Any feedback on this course would be much appreciated: email@example.com.